This webquest may be completed with a partner or on your own.
Write "Task 1" on your paper.
Write 3 sentences about the origin of the first Christmas tree. Here are some questions to help you:
1) Which country was the first to use a Christmas tree?
2) In what year was the first Christmas tree used?
3) Who thought of putting electric lights on a Christmas tree?
Draw a Christmas tree.
Write "Task 2" on your paper.
Write 3 sentences about the origin of Santa Claus. Here are some questions to help you:
1) What are two other names for Santa Claus?
2) In what century did Nicholas live?
3) What is the name of the 1822 poem that began the legend of the modern day Santa Claus?
Draw Santa Claus.
Write "Task 3" on your paper.
Write 3 sentences about the Birth of Jesus. Here are some questions to help you:
1) What are the names of two historical writers who witnessed the real Jesus?
2) What two Gospel writers wrote about Jesus' birth?
You must look this up on your own :)
3) What were the 5 events that happened around Jesus' birth?
Draw the Nativity Scene.
Write "Task 4" on your paper.
Copy a line from the poem at the link below that stands out to you.